- What magnification is used to observe microorganisms?
- Who identified the antimicrobial action of penicillin ?
- Which group of microorganisms is (are) thought to be the oldest microorganisms ?
- In order to grow all microorganisms require _______
- The site of ATP synthesis in microorganisms include _______
1- In 1928, at St. Mary’s Hospital, London, Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. This discovery led to the introduction of antibiotics that greatly reduced the number of deaths from infection.
2- Permian Bacteria
In late 2000, scientists reported that they had revived four unknown strains of bacteria from the Permian era, about 250 million years ago. These Permian bacteria are now considered the oldest living organisms ever discovered in the world.
3-One of the most critical factors for microbial growth is the availability of nutrients and energy. Microbes need carbohydrates, fats, proteins, metals, and vitamins to survive, just like animals. The process of using nutrients and converting them into cellular material requires energy.
4-inner mitochondrial membrane and the F1-part projects into the mitochondrial matrix.